Dancing with the Stars and American Idol Judging Stinks, Boring, and on My Last Nerve

Tuesday, May 12, 2009


Okay, so I probably shouldn't watch them both in the same night with the judges on these shows. I have been pretty quiet about this, but I can't remain mum tonight. Is it just me or do you think the judges are full of it?????

I mean, for instance, on Dancing with the Stars could they shove their noses any further up Gile's butt? And, the disdain for the other dancers--could it be any clearer? Especially Melissa--to me, she is a fabulous dancer and they don't give her the credit, in my opinion, she is due. I like Shawn, too--and their score for her...a bit limp on the second dance she did last night. And, Melissa, got screwed for both dances.

Here are a few points, she started two days before the show, everyone else had four weeks on her. The dance steps are much more intricate for the women than the men. And, like Ginger Rogers is credited to having said--they do every step the man does, and more, plus, they do it backwards and in high heels.

Now, don't get me wrong, I think Gio is a good dancer, I like him--I like all of the dancers, but the judges get on my nerve with their critiques and biases. They are wearing thin with me. I think I'll start fast forwarding when they talk their jibberish...and enjoy my evening just watching the beautiful dancing.

What are your thoughts?

Now for Idol--do you think they want Adam to win????? I didn't like the way he did his first song tonight--but again, after the judges got done critiquing him--they too had their noses brown all the way to their necks. The second song Adam did I enjoyed, but my fiance' didn't recognize the song! And, he does know the song...it was just a bit too much changed up in the middle.

I don't know about you, but I miss Allison. How bout you?

Chanel Notes, Entertainment Writer
Living Life…Boomer Style
Tea Party Updates
Most Obnoxious Blog

4 comments:

Anonymous,  May 12, 2009 at 10:40 PM  

Sometimes the judges are funny, sometimes they are not. For the most part, I enjoy them and I totally get your point. Each season they have someone they always go goo-goo over and the rest are nit-picked. Would be nice for a little more balance. Chanel, do you think Adam can do a song without the screaming in it? Just one, maybe? Now, that would be refreshing.

Angel, San Francisco

Anonymous,  May 13, 2009 at 10:14 AM  

I really havn't wathced idol much til the end I will be voting for whoever goes against Adam, I don't see the big deal? I also agree about the screaming I can listen to my two year do that!

Jen in MN

Anonymous,  May 13, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

I agree with you Jen in MN--my 3 year old is enough for me and Chanel you are right about thejudges. Melissa is my favorite but to watch she is but to hear the judges tell it she is so imperfect and he is so perfect. They get old and tired the judges do. I think I will follow your lead and keep my mute button on when they talk.

Good blog. Stephanie Miller, Dallas

Anonymous,  May 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

i am watching dancing with the stars right now and i see what you mean about the judges. because of them i will not vote for gilles and i think he is a nice guy and everything, but they have critiques for everyone but him. they don't do the dancers any favors. so, now my mind is made up i am voting for melissa, they give shawn johnson all 10s for her tomboy dance....and melissa gets a 29.

jugdes you are screwed up. and wait, i am a mindreader now, bet gilles gets a .....what do you know, what a surprise, its a ----you got it a 30. gotta go get online and vote for melissa. thanks for the blog.

Post a Comment

About This Blog

The latest music and entertainment news regarding baby boomer musicians, actors, and people in the spotlight... Enjoy!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP