►Val Kilmer as the Next Rooster Cogburn?

Monday, March 23, 2009

Could Val Kilmer Be the Next Rooster Cogburn in the Coen Bros. new Film?

We think yes. According to Entertainment News Ethan and Joel Coen will be remaking the classic movie True Grit. The directors will be telling the story from the 14-yr-old girl's point of view. Knowing the Coen brothers—with their earthy sense of humor, this could be very interesting.

No cast has been announced yet, but we at Living Life…Boomer Style Magazine would love to see the role of Rooster Cogburn go to Kilmer.


Cogburn was originally played by John Wayne for which he won an Academy Award. It seems to me, that Kilmer could brilliantly fit into Wayne's shoes and because the film is from a different point of view, Kilmer could definitely make the role of Rooster Cogburn his own.



Not only is Kilmer talented, our readers voted him as the #1
Boomer Hot Male of 2008. Congrats Val.

Share your thoughts...

Shelli Carlisle

Assistant Editor

*** Please leave your name and where you are from. Thank you.

12 comments:

Anonymous,  March 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM  

I think this is a great idea, I would love to see Mr. Kilmer in that role.

Anonymous,  March 24, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Val Kilmer as Rooster Cogburn? The idea is inspired!!!

Anonymous,  March 24, 2009 at 2:38 PM  

VAL KILMER IS THE MAN HE MADE TOMBSTONE AND HE WILL BE GREAT IN THIS MOVIE TOO I WANT TO SEE THAT. AND I AM A MOVIE WRANGLER IN NEW MEXICO AND I WOULD LOVE TO WORK WITH HIM HERE.

Anonymous,  March 24, 2009 at 3:08 PM  

He's an incredible actor, one of the best. Where has he been lately? What's he up to now? It doesn't matter what role he plays, he's so good.

Him teamed up with Coen bros., couldn't ask for anything better. Hope it works out, want to see him in something big soon.

Jacob Bonner,
Jacksonville, Fl.

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 at 8:06 AM  

I would love to see this happen. Val excels at any role he takes on, and he could certainly make this one his own. Here's hoping it happens and he gets the chance to do it.

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

Val Kilmer is "The Man". He is a top knotch actor that brings any role to life.

Anonymous,  March 25, 2009 at 11:24 AM  

I haven't seen much of Val Kilmer lately but I really like his acting. I think he would be very good. I love his movies. Thank you.

Anonymous,  March 26, 2009 at 6:03 PM  

Val Kilmer is my favorite actor. I love just about all of his movies. I would really like to see this too. I hope he gets the role. And he is still very handsome.

Anonymous,  March 26, 2009 at 8:47 PM  

Oh way cool! I can't wait to see this film. Val will be fabulous! And I love the Coens movies!
Hugs
L

Linnaea Kimble March 27, 2009 at 3:15 PM  

Hell yes! Val Kilmer is an excellent actor and I think he can handle whatever is thrown at him. Yay, I hope this is a true story!
~Linnaea Kimble

Anonymous,  March 27, 2009 at 3:18 PM  

It sounds interesting...

Anonymous,  April 2, 2009 at 10:13 AM  

Thanks for the Twitter Dawn Bonner. You asked for my opinion, here it is. When Val Kilmer puts himself into a role--he commits 100%. Coen brothers could do a lot worse for a role. He might just make that character a classic role, like he did for Batman, Tombstone, The Doors. Need I say more?

Constance, a Southern Girl

Post a Comment

About This Blog

The latest music and entertainment news regarding baby boomer musicians, actors, and people in the spotlight... Enjoy!

  © Blogger template On The Road by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP